The mission of Write253 is to offer meaningful and transformative writing experiences for youth in the Tacoma area, especially youth facing difficult situations.
- We lead after-school writing programs in high-poverty schools.
- We facilitate workshops that immerse youth in new and innovative forms of the written word.
- We lead a writing club at Remann Hall Juvenile Detention Center.
- We offer college application writing workshops for high school students.
- We recruit local and nationally recognized writers to support our efforts through workshops, field trips, and helping us to raise money
- We work with community groups, such as the YMCA, Peace Community Center and the Foundation for Tacoma Students, to support Tacoma students and their writing.
- We are interested in planning field trips for local schools and groups at our Hilltop writing center.
- Contact us for more information!